Sunday, July 1, 2012

Asking with a believing heart and blessings occur.

Man oh man is it hot! Wish we could get some rain so the few plants we have around would perk up. Not much fun staying indoors when you feel you should be out getting some sun. Funny how the sun can help you perk up but too much is really bad (plants burn up along with your skin if you're not careful).

Well we didn't get any rain but we sure have perked up around here.  A few post back I stated that there was so much to get done around the house and how over whelmed I have been feeling because of it all. Its always the small stuff that can bring a person down the hardest. I plugged along and prayed for God to get me through each project. My prayers have been answered over and over again. First, my sister Linda came down and helped me purge out so much stuff freeing not only valuable space in our home but in our mental state as well. Second, my sister-in-law Anita, came in to town and worked at helping me get some meals in the freezer and gave me some respite!

This last week we had more blessings from Louisiana! I had been talking to our church about needing some help and sent in a request on our "flap" from the bulletin. The church has been helping to coordinate volunteers who have been coming into town to help in the tornado damaged areas but have also been working in other areas. We were blessed to be a family that they worked with. You know that I have had a long list of little things that needed to be taken care of, those small things that made me feel weary because I couldn't figure out what or how to fix them.  Well, that list has become so very small thanks to the group from Louisiana.  They are from First Baptist Bossier in Bossier, Louisiana. (I know that the women's names are correct and a couple of the men's names as well but some are mixed up, sorry I can't remember for sure.)



Brad,Mary,Jeff,Phyllis,Gary,Steve,Jennifer,Jerry,Walter,Peggy,Don


 In the sweltering heat they worked on our yard,cleaned out the gutters,went up to the attic (twice) to cover the vent so the racoons and squirrels could no longer enter, they replaced the mailbox, textured the walls in our bathroom and replaced the faucet in the kitchen that would be easier for Dave to use. I pray they understand what a huge blessing this was for us.  That weariness and overwhelming feeling is gone. It will be so much easier to maintain because the "ground" work has been done. It is so hard to put into words how I feel except that I know that God has promised that when we lean on Him he will take care of us. He has answered so many of our prayers; Dave is not getting as sick as we were worried about with the increase of his medication, another HUGE blessing!


It has always been hard to ask for help but as I have been reminded: when you deny help you deny some one else their blessing from God. I for one do not ever want to deny anyone of a blessing! So humbly we accepted and I pray they are all blessed 20 fold.

Monica


























1 comment:

  1. monica,

    so glad to read this blog. You have truely been blessed and God has been listening to your prayers and He knew what your needs were. This is evident in what has happened just over the last month or so. I will keep your church and those that helped you in my prayers for they are truly evident of what caring for others mean>

    Great news about Dave and his medication increase not affecting him. Another answer to prayer!

    I hope that you can continue to breathe sighs of relief and begin each day with a positive feeling for what is ahead for that day and all the others. Maybe you can now have time to enjoy your time a little more even in the sweltering heat!

    I know you wish you could be home for the holiday but maybe God knew this and gave you all of this in exchange. Its not the same I know but it is still peace of mind, comfort for you and your family and relief. In a way, it is a celebration of your independence from some of those things that were burdening you. I will miss you this holiday but I will be seeing you soon!

    Love and prayers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete