Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 7th

October is over. The highlight of the month is October 7th, our anniversary! This year was our 12th wedding anniversary.  Wow! I mean WOW! I am not even sure of what that means. I guess it depends on what I want to concetrate on.  It has been a crazy 12 years. When I look back at our wedding pictures I know we had no clue what kind of journey our life would be like together.  There are sooo many good times and of course there were not so many fun good times, but I am glad that we're going through all of them together. I know you all are probably tired of hearing me say how much I feel that Dave was a blessing to me but he is a blessing! Yes, I know he has Alzheimer's and many of you have listened to or read my melt downs but I have them because I love him so.  But! any who this post is not about that it is about that day our lives began together! ( I know so hokey mushy!)
 
 
I remember that day....excitement mixed with nervousness! I knew from the very first date that Dave was the one! I can't even say exactly what it was! He was such a kind, laid back kind of person, the total opposite of me! I admired the man he was, he was respected at work because no matter what his job was he did it with such integrity you had to respect him.  He is exactly the same way today! If I was to just meet him now I would have the exact same feelings...this is a man I will love forever! The added bonus is that he is a man of God! Well, I will quit with all that because this was to be a short post filled with pictures. I need to apologize now for the pictures. I am working on a laptop now and had no way of scanning the pictures so they are going to be pictures of pictures. 
 





Mr and Mrs Thomas! So happy!!


 



The Thomas men. So very handsome!





 
Our family (minus one bridesmaid who is an old friend)




This is my favorite picture of Dave.  It is from our honeymoon. We had rented a cabin at a small lake and we went canoeing (not sure if that is spelled correctly but spell check didn't catch it so I guess its okay). I was sitting in the front of the canoe and at one point I stopped paddling, turned around and quickly snapped this picture. Of course here you can't catch the feeling but it was a beautiful and cool day....perfect!
 
 
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment