Thursday, January 24, 2013

trying something new.

Once again we are going to try something new with our blog! There are a couple things, first we are going to change the name of the blog. Not sure yet what it will be so I will keep the same name until we can come up with something that better suits what this blog is supposed to be about.  We are wanting the name to be more positive as I am trying to make a change in my attitude about Alzheimer's and focus more on the joyful, happier times I hope to establish instead of the usual sad feelings. This does not mean you won't sometimes read about my frustrations about what is going on but hopefully it will be fewer.

The second change will be the addition of a short video clip of either Dave and I talking or just Dave!  We want him to participate more in the blog. I think there are probably only a couple of post where you got to read what Dave had to "say" about things early on. I really want more input from Dave so you can understand Dave and how things are going and maybe it will be helpful to someone else. (Even if it is only family reading this blog maybe you can pass it on or understand what someone else is going through.)  Any who! here is our first attempt at the video. Sorry it is so dark we did this on a whim next time we will sit at the dining table with better lighting.

 
 
 
 
So there you go.  Not the best but we are new at this so we can only improve right?!  Love to you all!
 
Dave & Monica

6 comments:

  1. i think it's a great idea to hear from both of you! anything you want to talk about.. how your day went what happened during the week.. what ever comes to mind...

    thanks for all of the blogs Monica..it helps us stay in touch with you both...
    kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kim!
      we thought it would be nice for everyone to hear about what is going on from dave's perspective. i have an idea how things are going during the week but dave sees it differently. we are excited to get this started! i understand what you all went through with your parents but everyone with this disease is so different and of course the medical field has come a long way so we are hoping this will give you all who live so far away a picture of how dave is doing.

      i am glad we can "keep in touch" through the post! monica

      Delete
  2. Hi Monica and Dave,
    I think the video is a great idea. I also want you to know that it is not just family reading your blog. Roger and I follow it regularly, and we are praying for you both. ~ Debbie Filizetti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi debbie and roger!
      we appreciate you following us! blogger only shows a few people following and reading and it looks like only family so sorry to leave you out.

      thank you so much for the prayers. there are many days i can feel his peace but other times at the end of the day i know the only way we made it through was because of him.

      i sure miss seeing and visiting with you and really miss our spiritual family! drop me a line and let me know how i can pray for you and how things are going! love you! monica

      Delete
  3. Hi Monica

    Sorry I had not checked your blog sooner but I am so glad to read the changes you want to make. I think it would be great to see and hear Dave and to know that you are taking a positive approach. Yea for you both!
    Couldn't get the video to play!
    Love you

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME IDEA!!! I love it!! I really enjoying read the blog! I know we dont talk too often but we are going to try really hard and make it up there to see you all more!!! XOXO

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete