Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessings in small steps.

Blessings, Gratefulness, Thanks. This week we reflect on all things that surround us that we are so grateful to have, family and friends who love us, a place to call home, food, a job, a car, etc. For me this week it is the small steps in our journey that I take joy in and am so thankful for!  The new medication Dave is on is not making him sick! He is not having any side effects at this time and feels "good". 

The other night we went out to Books a Million, picked up some magazines and books to thumb through and sat at Joe Mugs and had some hot chocolate.  This had been a favorite pass time when we didn't want to just sit at home but not feeling like really "going out".  We haven't done that for so long because there wasn't much joy in it for Dave.  So there we sat, I would show Dave some craft or idea for a home made gift and there he was reading the intro to a book from one of his favorite authors.  To both our amazement he actually read through a few pages without getting frustrated because he lost what the words were he was looking at or couldn't remember what he had just read - he actually didn't struggle and enjoyed once again one of his favorite pass times-READING! How grateful I am for these two small steps! 


Of course I am grateful for family and friends who surround us with love and prayers but for me this week I am grateful for the joy I saw on Dave's face as he read!

Love and Blessings to all this week of Thanksgiving!
Monica


We went out one evening, just the two of us, we drove around town and ended up at one of our favorite places. Went to the bookstore and had some hot cocoa.  We looked at some titles that I liked and found myself reading. I would like to think that this is the new medication but I know the true results will not show for a few more months. I just feel a lot better knowing that we may have something that works.  I am grateful for everyone around me. I have a wonderful wife that stands next to me and I am so grateful and blessed, knowing she is always here for me.  I know we have a long way to go, I am learning more all the time and I am feeling a lot better. 

God Bless everyone and will "talk" more later.
Dave

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Thanks for sharing it with us! Elias

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the medication is working and that there are no side effects. Love you, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3.         Dear Dave, Monica and Family,
     
        Monica, your blog site is awesome and an excellant idea. There was alot of uplifting news in your blog as well as some uncertainty.   
    I was glad to hear Dave has not been officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. When our dad was diagnosed  it was very hard to accept.  I was comforted when speaking with you Dave a few days ago.You communicated very lucidly and I was so glad to hear that from you.   
          I'm sure there is alot of stress going on and there will be many ups and downs along the way. I hope the kids are doing OK. It must be very stressfull for them also. 
         I was glad that Anita was able to be with you recently. I'm sure she was welcome help for all of you. 
    I wish  Elee and I could be with all of you but I'm sure you know that I am also  fighting a healthcare issue,
    although mine is nowhere as concerning as yours Dave. 
        Keep in touch and we will be praying for all of you and looking forward to rceiving many more of your blogs. 
    If there is anything we can do for you from here we will be very happy to help in any way we can.
    Love to everyone,
    Pam, Elias, Justin, Rachael & Melissa

    ReplyDelete